Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion
posted by The Traveller on Friday, September 10, 2010
Forbes Magazine has published it's annual "Best Under A Billion" list earlier this month and 16 U.S.-listed China stocks made the cut this year.
The list was designed to highlight the 200 top-performing small and midsize enterprises with revenues under $1 billion that have been at the forefront of the economic growth in Asia. Chinese companies predominate the list with 71 of 200 entries, however most of them are listed in Shanghai, Shenzen or Hong Kong. Still, 16 companies that have chosen to go public in the U.S. are among the 200 best performing Asian companies this year, which shows that choosing a U.S. exchange is a very valid path to go for a Chinese growth enterprise.
While it is not surprising that well-known leaders as Baidu (BIDU) or Netease (NTES) are on the Forbes list, it is quite remarkable that some of Trading China's relatively unknown small caps are included. Stocks like Biostar Pharmaceuticals (BSPM), NIVS IntelliMedia (NIV) or Skystar Bio-Pharmaceutical (SKBI) have underperformed the general markets this year, yet Forbes recognizes them as part of "Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion".
Here are all 16 U.S.-listed China stocks on the Forbes list for 2010:
- BIDU -- Baidu
- BSPM -- Biostar Pharmaceuticals
- CAAS -- China Automotive Systems
- CBEH -- China Integrated Energy
- CEU -- China Education Alliance
- CISG -- Cninsure
- CSR -- China Security & Surveillance
- CTRP -- Ctrip.com International
- EDU -- New Oriental Education & Technology Group
- EJ -- E-House (China) Holdings
- MR -- Mindray Medical International
- NIV -- NIVS IntelliMedia Technology Group
- NTES -- Netease.com
- SKBI -- Skystar Bio-Pharmaceutical
- SSRX -- 3SBio
- VIT -- VanceInfo Technologies